Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ugh!


That’s about all I can say about that. I snapped this picture of the vineyard when i walked out to get the mail yesterday. Once again we are reminded of what it’s like to live in northwest Ohio. Snow and wind are part and parcel of living here between November and April. Personally, I’m never really ready for it these days. The only real good thing it does is get me ready in the mood for Christmas. I enjoy the family get togethers that occur around the holidays and regret that we don’t make time for them more often. As we all grow older, I know that the number of holidays we can all spend together is growing very small. With this in mind I resolve to enjoy each one to the fullest. To paraphrase what the sermon series at church has been about lately:
“Life is kind of like a board game. When it’s over, everything goes back in the box”.
I’d like to leave the world better than I found it before I have to get put ‘back in the box’. I guess I’d better get busy then.

Check back soon (and often),

Dave and (the infinitely patient Princess) Julie

No comments: