Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Life

We spent a good portion of today working outside. It certainly feels good to get back out in the sun. Andrew and I started trimming apple trees. Miriam’s friend Jacob came over and was helping Andrew while I headed out into the vineyard. I think I have most of the winter pruning done now. I'm really pleased that life is coming back.
This week has been very busy (as most are around here). Early this week I found that my love of food has finally caught up with me. According to (one of m many) physician(s), I am now borderline diabetic. So I need to loose weight and start exercising NOW (according to him). The Princess had a few physicians’ appointments this week too. Now we find that we both have new dietary requirements. I guess I'm going to have to start paying a whole lot more attention to that soon. I survived a German midterm and wrote my portion of a paper for our Business Ethics group project. I'll be SOOOO happy when this semester is over.


Saturday we welcomed a new addition to the family. Her name is Morgan and she's 5 years old. She's a chocolate Lab with a WHLOE LOT of energy. We are all working to get used to each other. Morgan was a (primarily) indoor dog before. She's having to make the adjustment to living (primarily) outdoors and getting along with Eli. Yesterday she met Tigg'r the Tabby Tomcat. She's never seen a cat before. It did not go well. Hopefully they'll get along in the future.
The upcoming week promises to hold many exciting possibilities too. Tuesday I'm headed back to the eye surgeon to see how things are "progressing". Since my last procedure on my left eye I've now started noticing distorted "spots" (due to histo) in my right eye as well. Hopefully they won't "bloom" very quickly and I'll have enough time to finish my BA while I can still get around independently.
Well, I'm going back outside to see what kind of trouble I can get into out there. Hopefully now that life seems to be returning to the farm I'll actually spend more time blogging. Until then.....

Check back soon (and often),
Dave and (the incredible shrinking Princess) Julie

No comments: