Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stuck on Step #2

I used to believe that I had life all figured out. As I saw life, it was a pretty straight forward three step process:

Step #1 - Observe and determine what needs to be done.
Step #2 - Do it.
Step #3 - Reap the benefits.

I guess maybe that philosphy might be accurate, but I think I need to add some detail to some steps. For instance, at the moment I seem to be stuck at step two. But I think that's nothing new. I think I've been stuck at step two for quite some time. Most people can probably identify with me here. For example, as difficult as losing weight may be, it's a piece of cake (note sweet food reference) compared to keeping the weight off. I know of some people who can truthfully say they've lost TONS of weight over several years. Of course as soon as they've lost the weight, they seem to find it again. The best goals in the world won't help a person who for whatever reason refuses to move toward that goal AT THIS MOMENT.

Take me for example. I know what I need to do in order to lose weight, have a super marriage, get rich, etc. I just seem to refuse to do it AT THIS MOMENT.

This causes me to wonder. Why do I not do what I 'want' to do? Do I not want it bad enough? Do I truly NOT want it at all? Am I just plain lazy?

I think maybe I'm just undiciplined. Which begs the question "How does one develop self-discipline?"

Stick around as I try to figure this one out.

Check back soon (and often),

Dave and (The Princess) Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know HOW you do it all !!!
How to REALLY lose weight.
How to REALLY have a great marriage.
How to REALLY get rich !

~Karen C.L. Anderson~ said...

I can tell you right now that it has nothing to do with discipline and everything to do with acceptance.