Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Julie Report +1 week +1

At this rate the Princess may be doing cartwheels by the weekend.

The Princess spent another full day at work today. And to top that all off, she says she’s almost completely caught up from being out last week (that means she had a good day). She hitched a ride home after work because her chauffer had to stop by one of his ‘night job’ clients after his day job. For those that don’t know it, my day job is making computer & phone systems talk to each other. My ‘night job’ (or one of them anyway) is setting up and managing communication systems for small offices and home offices. Anyway, Julie was at her parents place and I thanked them for Juliesitting for me when I stopped by to pick her up. They were OK with it. I marveled at how fast she moves (and sits down or stands up) now.

Julie says she may actually take some Aleve this evening. Her last steri-strip came off this morning and she hasn’t taken ANY pain meds since Monday morning before work. I’d say she’s in pretty good shape (and she’s darn tough). She made dinner tonight (well she combined some pre-cooked ground beef and a Hamburger Helper lasagna mix in a skillet). Still, it beats the heck out of my scrambled eggs of last Wednesday. We chased that with some of the frozen fruit Diana brought over last week. I limited myself to a single serving of each. I jumped on the scales today. I’m down almost ten pounds. Gee, only 90 more to go.

I read today where the single most effective thing a person can do to loose weight is keep a detailed food journal. It forces the dieter to ‘think’ about what they’re eating. That plays right into my post about living a ‘deliberate’ life. You make better choices when you think about them first. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done. Thinking takes time (and effort). Often the pace at which we run our lives in the early 21st century does not leave time for thinking. It seems that we only have time (or desire) for doing, not thinking. We need to remember that we are human beings, not human doings. We need to utilize that portion of the infinite that is within each of us and think before we act (or look before we leap). I had a difficult time doing that today. I hope and pray that tomorrow will be better.

Check back soon (and often).

Dave and (the rapidly rebounding Princess) Julie

No comments: