Thursday, July 10, 2008

Forget Thursday. Today was GRUMPY Day.

The Princess had a rather sleepless night and was a tad on the ‘edgy’ side this morning. Of course, not being able to have breakfast and needing to be at the doctors office at 0800 for a blood draw isn’t likely to make me chipper in the morning either. I also think now that the initial trauma of the surgeries has worn off, she’s in that place in her recovery where she just instantly wants to be back to 100% again. Of course she is fully aware that she won’t be, and no matter how many times I say “You must learn patience, Grasshopper” (and she slugs me), it won’t make her heal any faster. But at any rate she improved as the day went on. I have a philosophy that ‘grump’ is neither created nor destroyed, it merely changes people. As the Princess’ mood improved, mine degenerated. It seems that I had a sign on my forehead that said ‘get in my way’ all day. I had no major issues, just a lot of irritations. By the time we came home I’d had enough. I laid down to do some reading and didn’t feel like getting up to make dinner. Much to my surprise the Princess decided to make dinner while I took a snooze. I awoke to orange Dijon pork chops and pasta-roni. It was delicious.

Even though my mood was much improved by a nap and a wonderful dinner, I still didn’t read the next chapter in the book I’m reading. Julie and I went outside, watered plants, took a little walk and played with the ‘boys’ after dinner.

I’m glad tomorrow is Friday.

My turn:

Dave is right; I do want to be back to 100 percent. I also agree that I need to be patient. I am real tired of not being able to all the normal activities of day to day life. If I am good, and take no more heavy pain medication, Dave has agreed to let me drive! I will be able to gain a little normalcy back. Don’t misunderstand, I do love spending time with my husband, mother & father, It’s just I would like to be able to feel we are spending time together because we want to, not because they have to do stuff for me. I know...PATIENCE!

Check back soon (and often).

(The Grumpers) Dave and Julie

PS I just could not leave this on such a down note so here is the good & funny news. Dave has lost so much weight now that as he was watering the plants tonight, he was walking across the porch and his shorts actually fell down. Now thats Funny!

No comments: