Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some infections kill harder than others.

Well the Princess found out tonight that she still hasn’t completely kicked her infection. She learned this while at yet another doctors appointment unrelated to her latest surgeries (what are we gonna do when we get old?) and asked to have it checked just for safety. I guess kudos are in line for the Princess for listening to her body enough to know to get checked out. She still claims to feel pretty good though. Feeling good is not necessarily easy in weather we’ve had here. The temperatures were in the 90s outside today with high humidity My office building developed a problem with the A/C today and when I finally decided just before four o’clock that I’d had enough, it was 87 degrees in my office. I’m thinking about going in to work early tomorrow in order to ‘beat the heat’.
The Princess and I went for a walk in the vineyard this evening. It sounds romantic until I tell you that we were looking for re-infestations of Japanese beetles. We found a grand total of three beetles. That’s still enough to convince me that I need to stop by the garden store tomorrow and get some Sevin to spray in the vineyard. I’m also intrigued by things I’ve read about Neem oil. I may ask about that too.
A few days ago I wrote about an important part of the ‘deliberate’ life being the connection between thought and action. I’ve been meditating over what keeps people in general, and me specifically, from making the transition from thought into action. I think a lot of it has to do with health. We’ve been paying more attention to our health lately. I recently got a copy of the DASH diet book. Julie is reading through it now. I hope the health benefits to us inspires us to lead a ‘deliberate’ life. I’ll let you know how it’s going.

Check back soon (and often).

Dave and (the still infected Princess) Julie

No comments: