Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some days you’re the statue, and some days you’re the pigeon.

And then there are days like today where you’re both. But first, the Princess update. Julie seems to be tolerating the antibiotic well and I think it’s already helping. Her mood is good and I think she feels pretty good. She now almost ‘plops’ down into a chair and can cough without her eyes watering. She drove herself to work again today and got to take the car BACK to the tire place. I’m beginning to wonder about her driving habits (or if she has a thing for the tire guy). She took Ely along for a ride when she went to the market tonight. Here is Ely on our front porch pretending to be a watchdog.
Look real close, He's kinda short!

I sprayed for Japanese beetles in the vineyard tonight. I was amazed at the profusion of bugs. Since I mowed on Saturday some of the second year vines were almost defoliated. I think I’m going to have to spray again with Sevin or something like that. The beetles almost came out in clouds when I hit some of the bigger vines. Wow.


We’re now sitting here watching “Wipeout” on TV. It’s a funny show.

Julie’s turn:

Dave is correct. I am feeling better about the whole operation thing. I was beginning to think I did it all for nothing. I feel better mentally and physically (at least for today)

As for my driving habits, I feel I must defend my self. I have nothing to do with the valve stem or the nail. I am sure of this. I am getting to know the tire guy Dan. He seems to be real nice and soft spoken. I hope he has a good life outside the tire shop!

I am also learning the inventory of the Hardware store attached to the tire shop. They have a little bit of everything.. Just like the old hardware in Arlington had. Now for the tip of the day .I found the best glass cleaner. It’s called “Perfect Glass” Get some and love it!


Check back soon (and often).


Dave and (the increasingly frisky Princess) Julie

No comments: