Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I’m tired of being tired.

Well, yesterday ended up being a twenty hour workday so needless to say, I never made it here to blog. We’ll start with the Julie report. The Princess returned to her doctor to see how things were progressing. It seems the three rounds of antibiotics haven’t kicked the infection. So the next step is to have the Princess cultured (and I thought she already WAS cultured), in a lab to see which drug(s) will kill off the nasty bugs that won’t leave her alone. The very capable Dr. Doty-Armstrong anticipates having a treatment plan put together by the end of the week. This is a good thing since we’re leaving on vacation Friday to spend a week with my very good friend Jeff and his family in their northern home. I’m sure you’ll be able to read a full account of the shenanigans we get into on his blog (http://naubinwaynook.blogspot.com/).

Twenty hour workdays do not give a person time to devote to living a ‘deliberate’ life, so I’ll leave you with a few thoughts. From Dr. Steven Covey (I think): “The enemy of the best is not the bad. It is the good that is the enemy of the best”. When I have a place like this to come home to, how could life get much better?


Check back soon (and often).


Dave and (the newly cultured Princess) Julie



Kudos to my mom for pulling all the weeds and revealing these glorious flowers.

No comments: