Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation.

There is just something about that word that makes us smile. The Princess and I have determined that as of 1630hrs today we are on vacation. In honor of that thought, we went grocery shopping. Well actually we went to the SuperStore (the same one in which I ‘soloed’ in an earlier blog) so we got more than just groceries. I used a gift card I won at one of last seasons midget football games to procure an inverter for the car/truck to keep the laptop running while we’re on vacation, and not miss out on any opportunity to blog. So now we’re stocked up on snacks and drinks and ready for the road. An eight hour stint on the road awaits us tomorrow. We have books on CD and personal mp3 player to occupy us while we drive. And if that doesn’t work, we can always go back and do it the old fashioned way and have Julie read to me as we drive (like we usually do). I’m really looking forward to spending some time relaxing on the shores of Lake Michigan. The Princess picked up her antibiotics (forth round) from the pharmacy on her way home from work tonight. Her culture was ‘contaminated’ so the doctor prescribed an antibiotic she hasn’t yet been on (in hopes that will work on whatever is ‘eating’ the Princess).

I hope to be able to spend some time reading and reflecting on things to help develop my ideas surrounding what I’ve been calling the ‘deliberate’ life. I’m going to have to start researching that name. I don’t want to be accused of encroaching on someone else’s term. I recently saw a book entitled “The Deliberate Church”, so I’m concerned that I may have to find another word for my idea. But then again I guess I’m still developing the idea so I might as well develop a name for it too. Stay with us as I ramble on through the development of my idea.

Check back soon (and often).

Dave (and the uncontaminated Princess) Julie

No comments: